With Rail we are going beyond illumination for interior spaces. True to our acoustic roots, we incorporate the performance of ezoBord material to LED technology providing a synergistic relation between acoustic and lighting as a solution to the high noise levels and reverberation issues common to open spaces.
Design in collaboration with Metalumen, Rail comes with a variety of light color temperatures and as a mix with our classic Baffle Systems ( “Vesi” and “Veldi”).
- COMPOSITION: 100% PET (min. 50% recycled content).
- THICKNESS: Available in two thicknesses:
- ⅜” (9mm ) | ±0.5mm
- ½” (12mm ) | ±0.5mm
- ⅜” (9mm ) sheet: 8.4lbs (3.8kg) | ±5%
- ½” (12mm ) sheet: 16.0lbs (7.26kg) | ±5%
- HARDNESS: 60-65 (Shore C)
- LENGTHS: 2ft (609.6 mm), 3ft (914.4 mm), 4ft (1219.2 mm), 5ft (1524 mm), 6ft (1828.8 mm), 7ft (2133.6 mm), 8ft (2438.4 mm)
- HEIGHTS: 8 Inch (203.2), 12 Inch (304.8), 16 Inch (406.4)
- FIRE TESTING
- North America: – ASTM E-84 Class A* – CAN ULC S102-10
- Europe and UK: – EN13501-1: 2007
- ENVIRONMENT: Made of polyester fiber, min. 50% of which comes from recycled water bottles which contributes to LEED MR Credit and BREEAM Health and Wellbeing, Materials points due to recycled content, acoustic performance, and low emitting materials. No VOC’s: CDPH v1.2 and REACH SVHC Compliant.
- ACOUSTICS: Refer to ASTM C423-17 test charts for specific absorption coefficients.
- 3⁄8″ (9mm): NRC 1.10 (subject to mounting conditions)
- 1⁄2″ (12mm): NRC 1.20 (subject to mounting conditions)
- PRODUCT VARIANCES: Variation in fiber mix and color may occur. All products will be supplied within commercial tolerances.
- GENERAL: Tackable, impact resistant, bacteria resistant, moisture resistant, installation friendly.
- HOUSING: Rigid extruded aluminum body, 2.0mm (0.08″) nominal wall thickness. Aluminum end caps.
- OPTICAL SYSTEM: Metalumen luminaires are designed to utilize leading edge LED technology combined with luminaire optimized reflectors and our custom diffusers, resulting in industry leading optical performance.
- CRI: 83+ for 3500K, 80 minimum for all CCTs in standard configurations.
- LUMEN MAINTENANCE: Minimum 50,000h with TM-21 lumen maintenance of 85% @ 25°C ambient temperature (calculated based on IESNA LM-80-08 LED test data). L70: ≥60,000hrs.
- FINISH: Satin aluminum, white and black are standard finishes. For custom finish, contact factory.
- WEIGHT: 0.95 kg/300mm [ 2.1 lb/ft ]
- MOUNTING: Aircraft cable yoke complete with a Quick-Grip field adjustable suspension system. Threaded rod for t-bar and unistrut metal framing system.
- ELECTRICAL: Factory prewired with easy wire quick connect sections.
- DRIVERS: Metalumen offers 0-10V dimming* as a standard on our entire LED product offering. Dimming range is 1%-100%. Power factor is > 90%. Class 2 rating. Drivers are integral.
- APPROVALS: All components are UL/ CSA/QPS recognized or listed. RoHS compliant. This product is cULus listed.
- ENVIRONMENT: Suitable for dry or damp locations.
*Standard drivers compatible with passive/sinking dimmers. Please contact Metalumen if active/sourcing dimmer support is required.
Check with local building code authorities for allowable applications.
Sound Absorption Performance
Sound absorption performance depends on mounting/installation conditions, material thickness, pattern & style.
- Geometric Properties: Width and height
- Configurations: Acoustic+LED (Rail, Vesi, Veldi)
LED: Rectangular, Square, Corner, Aligned,T-shape, Cross
- Light:3000K, 3500K 4000K
- Color: Available options for color and wood print below*
Contact our design team for custom applications.
*12mm colors are for Acoustic (Unlit) Baffles.
Rail Fixture Installation
General Product Information
- Rail Brochure Updated February 8, 2021
- Acoustical Test – Baffles for LED lighting, 9 mm material Updated January 10, 2021
- Acoustical Test – Baffles, 12 mm material (6 objects, 12 in. apart) Updated January 10, 2021
- REACH SVHC Screening Report Updated January 10, 2021
- VOC – CDPH V1.2 Compliance Certificate – 1/2″ (12mm) Updated January 10, 2021
- VOC – CDPH V1.2 Compliance Certificate – 3/8″ (9mm) Updated January 10, 2021
- Architectural and Furniture Price and Specification Guide (CAD) Updated January 10, 2021
- Architectural and Furniture Price and Specification Guide (EU) Updated January 10, 2021
- Architectural and Furniture Price and Specification Guide (GBP) Updated January 10, 2021
- Architectural and Furniture Price and Specification Guide (USD) Updated January 10, 2021